Am I depressed? How can I feel less stressed? Why am I so anxious?
It offers practical advice, interactive tools, videos and audio guides to help you feel mentally and emotionally better.
Tips and advice to boost mental health
- 10 stress busters
- How to feel happier
- Dealing with panic attacks
- How to fight fears and anxiety
- How to control your anger
Not sure how you’re feeling? Try this mood assessment quiz.
Self-help and treatments
If you’re considering trying self-help techniques or seeking treatment for mental health problems, these can help you weigh up your options:
- Mindfulness: is it for you?
- A simple breathing technique for stress
- Moodzone mental wellbeing audio guides
- Mental health helplines
- Talking therapies explained
- Can you get free therapy or counselling on the NHS?
You may also be interested in our selection of mental health apps and tools in the Digital Apps Library.
Other people’s stories
If you’re feeling sad, anxious, angry or stressed, remember you’re not alone.
Read real-life stories from other people who have felt the same way, and see how they found help.
- How running helped Liz to beat depression
- Arvind talks about how he learned to control stress
- Discover how Claire beat agrophobia
Do you need urgent mental health help now?
See your GP if:
- you’ve been feeling depressed for more than a few weeks
- your anxiety is affecting your daily life
If you want to talk to someone right away, the mental health helpline page has a list of organisations you can call for immediate help.
The Samaritans helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for people who want to talk in confidence. Call 116 123 (free).